With the 90th Academy Awards preparations well under way, many of you will be hosting and/or attending Oscar parties. Whether you’re mingling with celebrities at after Oscar parties such as Vanity Fair, or hosting and/or attending an Oscar party with family and friends, the fun bash/celebrations take your evening into an exciting direction.
The 2018 Academy Awards will air live on ABC on March 4, 2018, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. Although you certainly don’t need a reason to throw a party, the Oscars is the epitome of award ceremonies, and it presents the “to the nines” party opportunity.
Tips for Hosting the Perfect Oscar Party:
- Select a theme: Hollywood, Glamour, Movies, etc.
- Prepare and strut your own Red Carpet event.
- For delicious food and munchies, serve popcorn, or go for the catered affair if you are hosting a fancier event, or do it “potluck” style where each guest brings a dish.
- Have all guests dress to Oscar proportions and give a prize to the first place male and female winner.
- Have your guests guess their favorite nominee (winner) in each category. First place wins a prize.
- Supply fun goodie bags for the guests.
2018 Movies Nominated for Best Picture:
- Call Me by Your Name
- Darkest Hour
- Get Out
- Lady Bird
- Phantom Thread
- The Post
- The Shape of Water
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Timothee Chalamet Call Me by Your Name
- Daniel Day- Lewis Phantom Thread
- Daniel Kaluuya Get Out
- Gary Oldman Darkest Hour
- Denzel Washington Roman J. Israel, Esq.
- Sally Hawkins The Shape of Water
- Frances McDormand Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Margot Robbie I, Tonya
- Saoirse Ronan Lady Bird
- Meryl Streep The Post
- Christopher Nolan Dunkirk
- Jordan Peele Get Out
- Greta Gerwig Lady Bird
- Paul Thomas Anderson Phantom Thread
- Guillermo del Toro The Shape of Water
And the Academy Award goes to? You! For throwing the best Oscar party in town and looking like the star that you are!
Oscar Party Tip: If you’re hosting an Oscar party, why not stick to the Red Carpet theme and use red party essentials? Red plates, napkins, decorations, etc. Or, go with the always elegant and beautiful color scheme of black and silver. Better yet, why not go with opulent gold party essentials, to mix in with the Oscar gold statuette?
Your party, your theme, your way. Look gorgeous, handsome and red carpet ready on this special Hollywood day!
Camera ready, that’s you. Get your Red Carpet best on as you enjoy the night away dressed your classy, magical way!
“Wow. With you in that glorious evening gown and me in this tux we’re quite the pair.”
“Yes. You with your caramel skin kissed by the sun and my Southern belle skin so fair.”
“We look glamorous enough to go to the Academy Awards. I’ll rent the limousine.”
“We’ll walk in like royalty: you dressed regal as a king and me your shining queen.”
“Well attend a glorious after Oscar party and fit in like the stars that we are.”
“I would adore attending the Vanity Fair party. We’re Hollywood royalty by far.”
Oscar Parties: Whether your Oscar party is a black tie affair or more casual wear, everyone hopes to see you there!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com