Perhaps there is no hairstyle that is cuter, cooler and more perfect for summer than the trending bob! No matter the shape of your face, be it round, oval, square or heart shaped, the short, sassy hairstyle that is the bob works as the elegant, sultry frame for your face.
A bob cut is a shorter haircut in which the hair is typically cut straight around the head at about jaw level, often with bangs (fringe) at the front. The bob is generally cut at the level of the ears or above the shoulders.
Great Ways to Wear the Bob:
1. Parted down the middle
2. Parted down the side
3. The ends level with your chin
4. The ends just above the shoulders
7. With Bangs
8. Without Bangs
Whichever way you prefer to style your bob, the final look is summery, youthful and fun. The bob is a trending hairstyle that does work well on everyone!
The bob haircut: cute, trendy, classy and sassy!
Ana Wintour of Vogue magazine is known for her bob haircut parted down the middle, with bangs. As early as the 1920s The Times was suggesting that the bob hairstyle was passé. By the end of the 1920s, the dominant female hairstyle in the Western world was the bob. The chic hairstyle then spread beyond the West, as women in other countries began to adopt the bob haircut as a sign of modern times. Close fitting hats also became popular, and worked perfectly with short hair.
One great way to recognize a true bob haircut is by the sharp lines of the cut. The bob often turns in at the ends, resting under the chin.
Types of Bobs:
1. A-line Bob: A typical bob cut, with slightly longer hair that frames the face, curling under the chin.
2. Buzz-Cut Bob: The bob is shoulder length in the front and close cropped at the back.
3. Chin Length Bob: Cut straight to the chin, with or without bangs.
4. Inverted Bob: Similar to the A-line bob, but with stacked layers in back. The perimeter of the cut is curved rather than being a straight line.
5. Shaggy Bob: A messy bob layered with a razor.
6. Shingle Bob: A cut that is tapered very short in the back, exposing the hairline at the neck. The hair on the sides is formed into a single curl or point on each cheek.
7. Shoulder Length Bob: A blunt bob that reaches the shoulders and has very few layers.
Whatever type of bob you choose, when you wear this gorgeous, short, fun hairstyle you will never lose!
If you’re someone who normally wears your hair long and you want to try something new, I suggest the short, sassy, classy, sexy bob in the summertime or the entire year through!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com