T-shirts are comfortable, trendy and popular garments in most people’s closet and/or drawers. A T-shirt, known as the basic tee, is a style of cotton fabric named after the T shape of its body and sleeves. Most tees are short sleeved with a round neckline, known as the crewneck, which lacks a collar. V-shaped necklines are also popular. T-shirts are typically made of cotton textile in a stockinette or jersey knit and have a distinctively pliable texture compared to shirts made of woven cloth.
T-shirts originally started as undergarments and have transitioned from undergarment wear to general, all use casual clothing. The most popular color for T-shirts is white, but the sturdy shirt can be found in all color choices. For those of you that own one basic white T-shirt, there are numerous ways to wear the one shirt that makes it useful for casual to dressy wear!
Various Ways to Wear the White T-Shirt:
- Under a printed or floral jacket: By leaving the jacket open, showing the white tee, your jacket will take on a different look.
- Under a jumper or overalls: The basic white tee works wonders when worn with a jumper or overalls.
- With lots of denim: Denim clothing is stylish and fashionable. If you are dressed in head to toe denim, it might help to break the look by wearing a white tee. I personally feel that when wearing a T-shirt with blue denim, a white T-shirt is the best looking way to go.
- With high waisted dress pants: There is something about the mix of a casual white T-shirt and dressy, high waisted pants that complement each other with style. Add a dress belt, high heels and jeweled accessories to make youy uptown outfit feel a bit casual. This is a striking look.
- With a pencil skirt: Tuck a white tee into the waist of your pencil skirt and I guarantee you that you will love the look!
- With shorts: T-shirts work well with all lengths of shorts. From short shorts to Bermuda shorts, a basic white tee will look lovely.
The best thing about mixing and matching your white tee? It matches and goes with everything!
Most T-shirts extend to the waist or sit on the hips. Hip hop fashion calls for tall T-shirts which may extend all the way down to the knees. A similar item is the T-shirt dress or T-dress, a dress length T-shirt that can be worn without pants. T-dresses look great with fishnets or opaque stockings!
Numerous ways to wear a basic white T-shirt!
Since the 1960s T-shirts have flourished as a form of personal expression. Think of T-shirts with quotes, sayings, pictures, designer logos, etc. splashed across the front for all to see. Share a portion of your personality with a slogan that means something to you printed across your white tee.
A plain white tee can literally be the glue that holds your outfits together. Change up your garments and your outfits with one basic shirt, the white tee. It really is that easy.
The white tee can worn with so many garments that the comfortable, trendy shirt can work for any occasion. An evening at the theater, a fine dining dinner, a fast food lunch, a Sunday brunch. Are you stepping out for coffee or tea? Why not go dressed chic and cool in a defining white tee?
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com