When it comes to fashion garments, necklines have a large impact on the look and style of the clothing. The neckline is the top edge of a garment that surrounds the neck, especially from the front view. For each garment worn above the waist, the neckline is primarily a style line and may be a boundary for further shaping of the upper edge of the clothing with a collar, cowl, darts or pleats.
One type of neckline that is sexy, sensual and perfect for spring and summer is the halterneck. Halterneck is a style of women’s clothing straps that runs from the front of the garment around the back of the neck, leaving the impression from behind that nothing is holding up the dress or the top.
In addition to tops, blouses and dresses, the halterneck style is used in bathing suits to maximize sun tan exposure on the back, and minimize tan lines. The halterneck style creates the look of a backless dress or top. The neck strap itself can be covered by your hair, leaving the impression from behind that nothing is holding up the garment.
Halterneck Fashion Tip: If a bra is worn with a halterneck, the bra is generally strapless or of halterneck construction itself, to avoid exposing the back straps of a typical bra. For those of you who are fashion fearless, exposing bra straps is a popular trend. Your fashion, your choice! Be fashion forward!
Other Popular Types of Necklines:
1. Boat Neck – A high, wide, slightly curved neckline.
2. Deep Necklines – Low necklines in either V, U or square shapes, revealing various amounts of cleavage.
3. Jewel Neckline – Round and sits at the base of the throat.
4. Off the Shoulder – The neckline rests low and below the shoulders and collar bone.
5. One Shoulder Necklines – Asymmetrical necklines that cut across the torso diagonally, exposing one shoulder.
6. Polo Neck – High, close fitting collars that wrap around the neck (turtlenecks).
7. Scoop Neck – Curved shaped Us, with the arms of the U hanging on the shoulders.
8. Square Neck – Three linear edges, with the bottom edge meeting the side edges at a right angle.
9. V-Neck – Two diagonal lines from the shoulders meet on the chest, creating a V shape.
For a cool, chic neckline that passes the hot summer weather test, the halterneck is truly the best!
High top fashion in spring and summer halternecks!
For summer and beach wear, a halter top is incredibly popular. A halter top is a sleeveless shirt similar to a tank top, but with the straps being tied behind the neck as opposed to the straps going over the shoulders, like spaghetti straps. In another style of the halter top, there is only a narrow strap behind the neck and a narrow strap behind the middle of the back, so that the top is predominantly backless. This design resembles many bikini tops, although the halter top covers the chest more and may cover all of the abdomen.
High end style in a halterneck! High fashion, high top halternecks!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com