With many well-known beauty tips and claims floating around that have existed for decades, it’s no wonder many of us aren’t sure what is true, and what is false when it comes to our beauty beliefs. From skincare to makeup application, many myths have circulated regarding what truly works and what doesn’t. Here’s busting 5 beauty myths and giving you the facts.
We all want to use beauty and skincare products that work well, and that doesn’t have to mean they break our pocketbooks!
5 Beauty Myths Busted!
- Expensive cosmetics work better than inexpensive cosmetics. With hundreds of cosmetic brands on the market, good and bad products exist in all price ranges. With beauty products, the ingredients can make or break how the product works when applied. Also, in many cases with more well-known brands, you as the consumer are paying for the brand name more so than the actual cost of the product. Drugstore makeup and skincare lines can indeed work just as well as products purchased at finer stores for a higher cost.
- You should choose skincare products based on your age. Regardless of your age, fighting the visible signs of aging should start as early as possible. Someone in their 60s can use the same skincare products as a younger person and get the same results. Taking good care of yourself at any age and stage of life is the key to achieving and maintaining healthy, glowing skin.
- All your skincare products should be from the same brand. Much like applying various cosmetics from different brands works well, the same is true for your skincare products. Many people have been led to believe that your face creams, moisturizers and body lotions should all be from the same line, but you can mix and match brands and get the same positive results. The key is to make sure the skincare products you use contain natural and/or organic ingredients.
- Your skin adapts to products so they eventually stop working. This beauty myth has existed for years. The truth is, as long as you are applying what is beneficial for your skin type and you are pleased with the results, using the same products daily won’t cause the products to eventually stop working.
- Foundation with an SPF sunscreen is enough to protect you from the sun. Many foundations and concealers come with an SPF as an ingredient. While this is beneficial, the dosage of SPF in these products isn’t enough to protect your skin from the strong rays of the sun. To get a high protection rate you would need to apply a thick coat of foundation. To keep your skin healthy, soft and supple, always apply a base coat of sunscreen underneath your foundation.
We all want to look and feel our best each day. While many beauty myths exist, a beauty fact is that we all exude a better mood and a positive attitude when we feel good about ourselves.
Developing a daily beauty and skincare routine that works well for you is your best option for maintaining a healthy, glowing, radiant look. Healthy skin equals happy skin and a happier you!
Many beauty and skincare tips are merely myths! Bust your today!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com