In the world of beauty, I feel the two cosmetic items that are the most important to add glamour, allure and magic to your face are mascara and lipstick. If I was ever stranded on a desert Island, alone with only myself and my makeup bag, I would hope my bag contained a tube of mascara and a tube of lipstick. A true glamour girl enjoys dolling herself up for all occasions!
Long, thick, luscious eyelashes are a sign of health and beauty. Not only do lush eyelashes look beautiful, they also draw out the appeal and allure of your eyes. Your eyelashes are to your eyes what a fabulous frame is to a photograph; an aesthetic highlight that tops your look off!
For the most dramatic eyelash look of all, jet black mascara outdoes them all. However, colored mascara is fun to experiment with and something different to wear when you’re feeling unique, magical and whimsical.
Tips for Growing Long, Lush, Healthy Eyelashes:
1. Vitamin E, Iron, Vitamin B12: Just like your body, hair needs protein, iron, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin E to stay strong and healthy. Eyelashes are hair and they need to be fed nutrients, just like the hair on your head. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant that adds to healthy hair growth.
2. Biotin (Vitamin H): Promotes hair growth, texture and thickness.
3. Petroleum Jelly: Apply petroleum jelly to mascara free eyelashes and leave on overnight, while you sleep. This helps your eyelashes grow faster, thicker and stronger.
4. Castor Oil/Olive Oil: These oils help promote hair growth.
5. Enriched Mascara: Many mascaras that are available for purchase today include lash boosting serums, botanicals and pro-vitamin enriched formulas.
Long eyelashes are considered a sign of beauty in many cultures. Did you know that you can enhance your eyelashes artificially, either by applying false eyelashes or using eyelash extensions? Permanent eyelash tints have also become a popular procedure provided in many salons. It is also possible to get eyelash transplants, which are similar in nature to hair transplantations done on the head.
Today, mascara is often used on a daily basis around the world. In 2016 alone, U.S. consumers spent 335.6 million dollars on the top ten leading mascara brands.
Who said beauty isn’t a billion dollar business?
Eyelash Fun Fact: The average eyelash takes about seven to eight weeks to grow back if pulled out!
Eyelashes bedazzling and beguiling being lush, lovely, luxurious and long are truly a fashion and beauty bomb! Bat your lengthened eyelashed peepers with pride, and open your eyes wide!
Make your eyes look twice their size! Long, lush eyelashes are a must!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com