If it’s true that good things come in small packages, then it’s great to say that some of our best holiday gifts are handmade and come from the heart. Finding the perfect gift for the people on your shopping list can be difficult, and often expensive. The holiday season can be tough on your time and your wallet, without the added stress of fighting the shopping crowds only to come home empty-handed.
The answer? Do-It-Yourself (DIY) gifts! There are many creative, easy, thoughtful things you can make yourself to hand out as Christmas and holiday presents. In addition to giving friends and loved ones gifts that are meaningful, the fact that you took the time to make the presents adds tender love and care to the equation.
- Handmade Ornaments: Using styrofoam balls, felt and various materials, you can create sweet, adorable ornaments to hang on Christmas trees or decorate around the house.
- Candy Sleighs: You can purchase small sleighs at art supply stores, decorate them with glitter and jewels, and fill them with yummy candy treats. Candy sleighs are easy to make and an ideal gift for your child’s entire class or a large group, as they take very little time and money.
- Baked Cookies and Cakes: Everyone likes sweets, and even the health conscious feel a desire to indulge over the holidays. By spending some time in the kitchen, you can bake an assortment of cakes and cookies to pass out as holiday gifts. Indulge their inner sweet tooth!
- Custom Chalkboards: These are great gifts for people to keep in their kitchens to write their grocery lists, daily appointments, etc. Get creative with the wooden frame with paint and glitter and add your own signature touch. Not only will you help others stay organized, but you’ll give them a decorative novelty board to spruce up their kitchen decor.
- Potted Plants: For the green thumb in everyone, potted plants make great holiday gifts. Purchase vases or pots at drug stores and nurseries and plant your favorite flowers, bushes or plants. Voila, imagine that! These make ideal presents to keep on kitchen windowsills, countertops, breakfast nooks, or coffee tables.
- Knitted and Crocheted Scarves and Hats: Using yarn, sewing needles and crochet hooks, you can make stylish warm scarves and hats. You can use multi-colored yarns to liven the scarves up even more. The perfect gift for a man or woman with style galore. Satisfy your friends’ and loved ones’ passion for fashion and practicality all in one item.
Creative, homemade holiday gifts!
While you’re at it, why not glam yourself up to holiday decoration proportions! Festive, gorgeous, shiny star that you are!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com