Everyone admires gorgeous, glossy hair, but it isn’t always easy to capture the look of healthy, thick, abundant hair. Glossy hair generally means healthy hair, but obtaining and keeping shiny hair takes effort. Our hair matters to us, even if we prefer the bald look. Caring for your hair and styling your hair ensures you will look your best. If you want shiny, glowing, happy hair, put these stylist approved shiny hair tips to the test!
Steps for Achieving Shiny, Glossy Hair:
- Rinse Your Hair with Cold Water: Cold water seals and smooths the hair cuticle, locking in moisture and adding a natural shine.
- Minimize Heat Styling: Heat styling and over blow drying wears away your hair’s cuticles, causing the hair to become dry, frizzy and breakable. Air drying is safer for the health of your hair.
- Use an Iconic Blow Dryer: If you prefer to blow dry your hair, an iconic blow dryer will dry your hair faster and help reduce static. Hold the blow dryer a few inches away from your head to moderate heat damage. This will enhance shine.
- Use Hair Protective Products: Pollution and UV sun rays damage your hair. Use hair products that protect your hair from the elements and adds moisture, helping to have healthy, shiny hair.
- Use Hair Oils: Nourishing hair oils add radiance. Hair products with various oils and moisturizing vitamin E work wonders for your hair.
- Healthy Nutrients: Eating a diet rich in protein, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids and B vitamins nourishes not only your body but your hair.
- Use Boar Bristle Hair Brushes : Boar bristle brushes help eliminate breakage, split ends and tangles due to their soft bristles. Harsh brushes can pull out and break hairs while you brush.
- Add Hair Shine: Once you’ve washed and styled your hair, spray on or wipe in shiny hair gloss for a finishing touch.
Ooh la la, your shiny hair looks glorious and is so soft to the touch!
If you’re one who frequents a hair salon, ask your stylist for a gloss treatment. A clear gloss can deliver the ultimate shine. Once you step outside, the way the light reflects off your hair after a gloss treatment makes it look luxurious, lustrous and lovely! For those of you that prefer the do it yourself method, you can purchase high gloss treatment kits at beauty salon stores and invest in your own head of healthy, shiny, glamorous hair!
Shiny, lustrous locks takes more than hair shine! However, hair shine when applied to your hair makes your tresses look simply divine!
Did you know that natural hair falls into four categories?
No matter how your hair grows naturally, glossy, shiny hair ensures a vital voluminous head of hair. Learn to love the hair you were born with, but if you want to play it up sometimes, I get it. Curling straight hair and straightening wavy hair is fun, not to mention relishing the various hair styles it gives you!
Whether your hair is blond, brunette, auburn, red, black or dyed pink, blue or green, shiny, glossy hair is always revered and certain to be seen!
Take care of your hair! Remember, it takes more than hair shine to maintain a glorious, healthy mane, but spritzing your hair with a perfect hair shine before you go out the door makes your terrific tresses shine even more!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com