Whether you prefer to wear your hair short, long, thick, thin, straight or curly, healthy hair is beautiful hair. With summer heat and/or daily blow dries, many of us enjoy spending time in the sun, but don’t enjoy the damage heat can do to our hair. While warm weather is good for the soul, heat can destroy hair with breakage, dryness and dullness. Hair is a protein filament that needs constant care for growth, from hair products to diet.
Attitudes towards different forms of hair, such as hairstyles and hair removal, vary across cultures. But one thing is the same. Everyone loves and appreciates a head of healthy hair!
How to Keep Your Hair Healthy in Heat
- Shampoo Daily: Many of us sweat in the outdoor heat, which affects the health and texture of our hair. If you feel a daily shampoo is too much, use a dry shampoo between washes.
- Deep Conditioner: Deep conditioners provide nutrients for your hair, and can assist with elimination of breakage and split ends. While you’re laying out, you can coat your lovely locks with a deep conditioning mask to protect your hair from the sun. Also, use a deep conditioning treatment in the shower for strong, healthy hair.
- Keep the Hair Trimmed: The ends of our hair tends to weaken and become brittle, allowing for easy breakage. Split ends can cause your hair to split up the shaft and break off. Keeping the ends of your hair strong will encourage healthy growth.
- UV Protectant: UV sun rays feel lovely, but they can damage hair. Before spending time in the sun, spray a UV protectant on your tresses and brush in. UV protectants also help dyed hair hold the color.
- Diet: Hair is made up of proteins, and your body needs to be nourished from the inside to maintain health on the outside. For glowing, healthy hair eat a diet high in protein, iron and B vitamins. Drinking lots of water also helps to keep your hair vital and strong in the hot summer heat and/or daily blow dries.
Summer is a fun, relaxing, wonderful season. Spending time at the beach, swimming in pools, attending outdoor activities and enjoying delicious food and drink is a popular staple of summer. Let your hair look lovely as you relish in the hazy, lazy, crazy hot days of summer.
This summer, why not try a new hairstyle or hair color? Change is always exciting, and stepping out as a new you is challenging, bold and thrilling! Think of your hair as a picture frame for your face! The healthier, the happier.
Happy healthy hair in sun and blow dry heat!
Here’s to a head of glorious hair, whether long or short, thick or thin! Sexy hair is always in!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com