Is that you wedged into those Daisy Dukes?
Daisy Dukes: Hot pants; short shorts, ultra short cut-off denim jeans!
Daisy Dukes: Hotter than Georgia asphalt!
Daisy Duke shorts are a super short version of jean cut-offs, in reference to Catherine Bach’s character of that name (Daisy Mae Duke) from the American television show The Dukes of Hazard. Many times, with true Daisy Dukes, the cut is not finished or hemmed and the fabric is left to fray. Or, the hemline of the short shorts are turned up, making the Daisy Duke’s even shorter, and exposing almost all of the thigh!
Denim shorts are immensely popular, and Daisy Duke’s are recognizable merely by their denim material and their resemblance to hot pants. Daisy Dukes are typically worn in warm weather or in an environment where comfort and fashion are superior to protection of the legs!
Dare to be a diva dressed in Daisy Dukes!
Daisy Duke shorts are easy to make, and the shorts can be decorated and bedazzled to doll up the sassy, sexy shorts!
How To Make Daisy Duke Shorts:
- Take a pair of blue denim jeans that fit, along with sharp scissors, sandpaper and a sharpie or black pen (stay over a work table or outside, as the material will thread and fray when cut).
- Put on your jeans, and then use the pen to mark the spot on the denim where you want to cut (what will be the hem). True Daisy Dukes show almost all of your thighs.
- Remove the jeans and use the sharp scissors to cut the material across the drawn lines, turning the pants or capri pants into shorts.
- If you want to add age to the Daisy Dukes, or fray the material to provide a worn look, rub the sandpaper hard over the areas that you want to age. This should help to fray the material and rub out some of the blue denim color, fading the material.
- If you want to doll up and dazzle your Daisy Dukes, you can add rhinestones, sparkles, glitter, embroidery, etc. to the shorts.
- Wear your Daisy Dukes with pride and profound confidence!
Daisy Duke Tip: Although Daisy Dukes are darling, they probably should not be worn to school. Most school dress codes ban Daisy Dukes.
Daisy Duke Fun Fact: If your Daisy Dukes are too short, or too tight, they will look tacky more than tempting!
Daisy Mae Duke Fun Fact: Catherine Bach (The Dukes of Hazard) posed as Daisy Duke for a poster, wearing her ultra-short, legs exposed Daisy Duke denim shorts. The poster sold 5 million copies!
Are those your luscious legs lurking out of your Daisy Dukes?
Daisy Dukes can be either dressed up or dressed down, depending on your mood or your daily destination. A feminine shirt, high heels and Daisy Dukes are a glamour girl’s dream. But country girls look just as sensual and sexy in their Daisy Dukes wearing a midriff or crop top and sneakers or boots.
Daisy Duke your way to whatever suits you and your original diva style!
You can rock your Daisy Dukes to your own mode of comfort and fashion. And that is rocking good news!
Divaish and dollish in your Daisy Dukes!
Daisy Dukes: Cut-off denim jeans at their best!
Daisy Duke Not So Fun Fact: For those of you who are dying to join the “I wear Daisy Dukes” diva club, but don’t feel comfortable exposing so much bare leg (almost all leg!) flesh colored or nude pantyhose can be worn with the short shorts!
You’ll be dashing, daring, darling, dazzling and dizzying, strutting through the streets in Daisy Dukes!
Author Nancy Mangano is the author of two novels, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Nancy has blended her love of detective work and her fashion fetish into her books. Visit Nancy on her author website www.nancymangano.com, her author/fashion/style blog www.passionforprying.wordpress.com, Twitter @nancymangano and her author “like” Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano.