For many students, whether you’re in high school or college, there are far more days in a school year than there are clothes in your closet. Even the most fashion-conscious student is going to wear the same outfit in one school year. Whether you wear a school-issued uniform or not, students more often than not want to look and feel like an individual. So, this coming school year, it’s time to spice up your look.
The answer? Accessorize! Accessorize!
A basic pair of jeans and a blazer can be made to look like different outfits just by how you accessorize. Add a pair of high heels, a strand of pearls, and a bow to your hair to look feminine. For a more professional look, slide into a pair of flats or pumps, put your hair in a bun, and wear small post earrings. The same pair of jeans and jacket instantly morphs into a new look.
So, what accessories would work well to add your unique signature look to your clothing and keep you from being bored?
- Shoes: The pair of shoes you choose to wear can make or break your look. Take a sundress and a pair of patent leather stilettos, and you’ll look stunningly gorgeous. Now take that same sundress pair it with slip-ons or tennis shoes and you’ll look casual and relaxed and definitely cute.
- Hats: Hats not only add a look of style and class to any outfit, but they give off a fun aura. Sure, you might have to remove the hat when you’re in the classroom, but you’ll look like hot stuff walking through the corridors with a stylish hat on your head.
- Handbags/Purses: Not only does changing your bag lift your spirits, but it adds a variety of looks to your clothing. For a fun look, match the color of your handbag with your outfit. Better yet, if you match your purse with your nail polish, you’ll radiate with style. Also, whether you carry a tote, a satchel, a clutch, or a hobo bag, the size, shape and color of your purse can add glitz and glamour to any outfit.
- Jewelry: One of the easiest and best ways to spice up your clothing is with the jewelry you wear. If you want to sparkle and shine, rings on each finger and a row of dangling bracelets up your arm add pizzazz to any outfit. Necklaces, chokers and pins are other amazing ways to add bling and dress up your clothing. If you’re wearing sneakers, yet you want to add something fancy to your look, add diamond or rhinestone jewelry. This blend of casual and dressy leaves you dressed to perfection.
- Hair Ornaments: We all like to change up our look by changing our hairstyle, but sometimes we need some quick help. To add style to the same hairdo, add a scarf, headband, or hair wreath to your head. Top off a bun, ponytail, or braids with a large barrette for a fun, youthful look. Hair ornaments offset your outfit much like a cherry on a sundae!
Sure, there are some days that school gets boring and routine. Good news! Your clothing doesn’t have to. Keep your mood up and your fashion to date by mixing and matching accessories to your back-to-school clothes.
Beautify your back-to-school clothing: accessorize!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com