Even if you love stormy days and cold, damp weather, there is no denying that rain, moisture and humidity can take a toll on your hair. Just a few drops of rain water can instantly turn a great hairstyle into a fuzzy, frizzy mess. Water and humidity cause hydrogen bonds to form between the proteins in your hair, which triggers curls and frizz. Have you ever noticed that moisture in the air can cause straight hair to go wavy and curly hair to get even curlier?
One way to battle the inevitable rainy day frizz is to use hair products that contain non-water soluble silicones, which close the hair cuticles. Also, regardless of your hair type, switch to a hydrating shampoo and conditioner, and skip moisture zapping blow drys on rainy days.
For those of you on the go, there are certain hairstyles that work great on rainy days! Your hair will still look stylish and trendy, with little to no fuzz or frizz!
- The Braid: No matter what type of braid you prefer (two strand, three strand, French, fishtail, cornrows) braided hair tends to stay in place through all types of weather. A quick morning braid and you’re good to go for the entire day.
- Pulled Back: Simply pull your hair back with a clip or hair band and your rainy weather day hairstyle is sure to stay. Wispy front curls are up to you, but they do make for a darling hairdo.
- The Bun: A twisted bun or a bun held in place with bobby pins works wonders on rainy days. Not only is the look elegant and fashionable, but your hair will hold all day in all levels of water and moisture. Don’t let damp weather ruin a great hairstyle.
- The Ponytail: During rainy weather (even sunny days) the ponytail is a popular hairstyle that always works. You can do a high ponytail by pulling the hair up behind your neck, or a lower ponytail that starts at the nape of your neck. One ponytail going down your back looks chic, and a ponytail on your right and left side looks youthful and fun. The ponytail hairstyle works on everyone.
- Simply Straight: You can give yourself some rainy day fun simply by leaving the house with your hair straight, then letting the damp or wet weather decide your hairstyle. Sometimes curls and frizz are in…it’s your hair and only you can choose what hairdo suits you.
Rainy weather doesn’t have to be your hair’s number one enemy. Fight back stylish and strong and enjoy the rain all day long!
Avoid rainy day frizz! Hairstyles that work wonders in the rain!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com